Thursday, October 2nd
14TH ANNUAL GAY-LA & SILENT AUCTION
- WAGNER JEWISH COMM. CENTER
- OCT. 2 | RECEPTION AT 6:00PM
- Benefitting the LGBT Resource Center Scholarship and Emergency Fund Program
Friday, October 3rd
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY: A CLOTHING DRIVE TO BENEFIT UTAH PRIDE
- MARRIOTT LIBRARY AND UNION (University of Utah)
- OCT. 3-9 | OPEN HOURS
- Collection boxes will be located in the Marriott Library and Union building. Clothing will be donated to the Utah Pride Center, Youth and Trans communities
Kenan Trebincevic reading of The Bosnia List: A Memoir of War, Exile, and Return: At age eleven, Kenan Trebincevic was a happy, karate-loving kid living with his family in the quiet Eastern European town of Brcko. Then, in the spring of 1992, war broke out and his friends, neighbors and teammates all turned on him. Pero – Kenan’s beloved karate coach – showed up at his door with an AK-47 – screaming: “You have one hour to leave or be killed!” Kenan’s only crime: he was Muslim. This poignant, searing memoir chronicles Kenan’s miraculous escape from the brutal ethnic cleansing campaign that swept the former Yugoslavia. After two decades in the United States, Kenan honors his father’s wish to visit their homeland, making a list of what he wants to do there. Kenan decides to confront the former next door neighbor who stole from his mother, see the concentration camp where his Dad and brother were imprisoned and stand on the grave of his first betrayer to make sure he’s really dead. Back in the land of his birth, Kenan finds something more powerful—and shocking—than revenge. Details: Starts at 7 p.m. at the Salt Lake City Public Library (210 E. 400 South, Salt Lake City).
Monday, October 6th
FAMILY FUN NIGHT
- UNION BLDG. – LOWER LEVEL (University of Utah)
- OCT. 6 | 5:30-8:30PM
- Games, activities, and treats for families of all kinds. Tarot card readings, face painting, bowling, pool, and much more!