Planned Parenthood is losing an amazing employee, and person, Emily Andrews. Although I’m sad to see Emily go, that means a wonderful position is opening up with the PPAC team!
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The Communication and Marketing Coordinator (CMC) is responsible for the design of, implementation, and monitoring of PPAU’s communication and marketing programs. The CMC works collaboratively within the public affairs team and senior staff to coordinate strategy, themes and messaging for all Planned Parenthood Association of Utah (PPAU) and Planned Parenthood Action Council of Utah (PPAC) online and printed material. The CMC will continue to develop and implement a social media plan to enhance existing marketing and social media programs; increase online followers and heighten awareness for Planned Parenthood’s services, education programs, advocacy and PPAC’s electoral work. Provide support to staff in creating online fundraising tactics.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree in related field (communications, marketing, management, etc.) plus 1-2 years work experience in a related field (public relations, social marketing, journalism, etc) or;
- 2 years college plus 3-4 years relevant work experience or;
- high school diploma (or GED) plus 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to assess needs and evaluate implementation of programs.
- Familiarity and application of social media a must.
- Familiarity and knowledge of content management software a must.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a must.
- Proficient in VAN and data management systems.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrates organizational ability with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-managed and self-directed to initiate, organize, and complete tasks in a timely manner with little supervision.
- Adheres to, complies with, and demonstrates support for agency mission, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to represent the agency in a professional manner and to work as a team member to achieve agency goals.